Monday, June 14, 2004

Shirley, you can't be serious

I had written down my projected Bulls' expansion draft protection list last week (scroll down), and totally missed something.

While that list is the same as what Chad Ford (I sure quote him alot) projects, there was one name I totally forgot about: Ronald Dupree. All of this expansion draft listing is speculation, since the NBA is keeping it secret until after the NBA finals. But all of the sources I have read have Paul Shirley on the protected list instead of Dupree.

Paul Shirley? I understood the need for his type to be on the list, to have moveable contracts in future trades, but Dupree has that same quality. And Dupree can actually play. In fact, I'd rather have him on the squad than Linton Johnson.

So I wouldn't be surprised if Dupree gets selected by the Bobcats. And that also means they can't take E-Rob off our hands.