Friday, November 07, 2003

"What's the deal with the IR..." "you're not injured..who are the ad-wizards who came up with that one?" - My Jerry Seinfeld impression The Bulls made some roster moves yesterday, putting my guy Marcus Fizer on the IR and replacing him with Linton Johnson. Johnson will supposedly provide energy off the bench...or something intangible like that. Despite what I said in my 'witty' title, Fizer really IS injured, his surgically repaired knee is flaring up. Kirk Hinrich will also be activated in place of Roger Mason Jr. Who probably has the usual garden-variety contusion or something. A nice road win at Orlando, although its possible that the Magic are just really really bad (and injured). Much has been made over the fact that Curry barely played in the 2nd half, with Cartwright riding the 57-year old back of Corie Blount to victory. Its nice to get a win, but Curry is gonna have to get out of his early funk if anything's gonna happen this year. Tonight's a home game against the Sixers. They've added Glenn Robinson in the off-season to give Iverson his best second-option to date. But so far, they've proven to be a weak defensive team. Gee...I wonder why? Anyway, hopefully the Bulls can take advantage of their size here and get another win. Especially since tommorow's game at New Orleans will be a tough one. I won't be able to see tonight's game, its only showing locally on WCIU. U'z got it! ugh. Am I a big enough nerd to watch the gamecast on espn.com? I think you all know the answer to that...