Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Larry Brown is a joyless old bastard

Yes and Yes.

He's a basketball legend (and read Loose Balls for some really good early Larry Brown stories) but he's just so miserable, looking with that sad clown look and whining that whiney whining of his. Even when he won the title last year he looked like his dog got ran over. During the Olympics there was this article by Adrian Wojnarowski which was a must-read, and his reaction to the Pistons/Pacers brawl was beyond melodrama, constantly telling anyone who would listen "I don't know what's with these jerks, I'm just their coach and I'm soooo sad and hoowww could this happpen, and I don't know if I can ever get up in the morning let alone coach again" and gobbling up any media appearance for his sad-sack tale.

Almost makes me want to root against the Pistons, although seeing his jerk-pantheon mate Alonzo Mourning on the other side quells that thought.

Hey, the basketball is great, so few complaints. I'm just preemptively gagging at the 'Where's Larry gonna coach?' coverage, sure to hit monitors around the country all summer long. 

Update: I seriously wrote mine before I read this, but again: Yes.