Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Deeeeennng!

Hard not to get excited after reading this article in the Trib Tuesday morning:

Bulls officials remarked in passing that the 20-year-old [Luol]Deng has grown an inch in the last year, now measuring 6 feet 9 inches. Deng points out another important attribute: The injury forced him to do drills with his left hand because he couldn't use his right for nearly three months.

"If my right hand were healthy, I wouldn't have my left hand where it is now," Deng said. "I sign autographs with my left hand. I eat with my left hand. I throw a football with my left hand. Using my left hand is a regular thing now." As far as basketball goes, "my left hand is definitely going to be better this year," Deng added.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I love Luol Deng. And among the whole Curry/Chandler free agent fiasco, the Ben Gordon heroics, and face of the franchise Captain Kirk, Luol is easily overlooked...

But after this coming season he may be too good to be ignored.